Nude Erykah Badu Fined By Dallas Police
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2010 2:30 AM ET
Erykah Badu stripped naked and strolled to the location where John F. Kennedy was assassinated for a clip in her new music video for the song “Window Seat” — but because she didn’t get a proper permit, she’s being cited by the Dallas Police Department.
The 39-year-old singer caused quite a stir when she took off all her clothing for a video shoot in Dealey Plaza last month. According to police, one witness “observed Ms. Badu remove her clothing on the public street. The witness had two small children with her and was offended.”
Badu was fined $500, which she can choose to pay or opt for a court appearance. According to the singer, the video was purposely shot “guerilla style” and without permits.
She told police the video was “a protest” and about “liberating yourself.”
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM