Nude Erykah Badu Fined By Dallas Police
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2010 3:30 AM ET
Erykah Badu stripped naked and strolled to the location where John F. Kennedy was assassinated for a clip in her new music video for the song “Window Seat” — but because she didn’t get a proper permit, she’s being cited by the Dallas Police Department.
The 39-year-old singer caused quite a stir when she took off all her clothing for a video shoot in Dealey Plaza last month. According to police, one witness “observed Ms. Badu remove her clothing on the public street. The witness had two small children with her and was offended.”
Badu was fined $500, which she can choose to pay or opt for a court appearance. According to the singer, the video was purposely shot “guerilla style” and without permits.
She told police the video was “a protest” and about “liberating yourself.”
- Travel Brooklyn-Bound Girls Bus Tour Being Floated 11 min 34 sec ago
- Sports Jason Collins Will Remain With Brooklyn Nets 18 min 49 sec ago
- Theater Adam Shankman to Helm Hair at Hollywood Bowl 25 min 33 sec ago
- Women Out Musician Soko On Being a Part of 'First Kiss' Viral Video 30 min 34 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Elton John's Las Vegas Performance of 'Benny and the Jets' 1 hour 22 min ago
- Sports Brooklyn Nets Stick with Jason Collins 1 hour 31 min ago
- Television Billy Eichner: Wants to Marry Meryl Streep & Get Down With Judi Dench 1 hour 34 min ago