Nude Erykah Badu Fined By Dallas Police
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2010 3:30 AM ET
Erykah Badu stripped naked and strolled to the location where John F. Kennedy was assassinated for a clip in her new music video for the song “Window Seat” — but because she didn’t get a proper permit, she’s being cited by the Dallas Police Department.
The 39-year-old singer caused quite a stir when she took off all her clothing for a video shoot in Dealey Plaza last month. According to police, one witness “observed Ms. Badu remove her clothing on the public street. The witness had two small children with her and was offended.”
Badu was fined $500, which she can choose to pay or opt for a court appearance. According to the singer, the video was purposely shot “guerilla style” and without permits.
She told police the video was “a protest” and about “liberating yourself.”
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 17 min 25 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 21 min 48 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 1 hour 52 min ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 1 hour 56 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 2 hours 18 min ago
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 2 hours 21 min ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 6:34 PM