British Rapper Lady Sovereign Comes Out
BY Julie Bolcer
May 13 2010 11:15 AM ET
Lady Sovereign, the British rapper who revels in her small size and big attitude, confirmed that she is a lesbian. She acknowledged that she used to cave to publicists’ pressure to stay closeted, but now she really doesn’t really “give a s**t.”
The one-time Jay-Z protégé, who is 24 years old, talked about her sexuality with Diva magazine, according to the Toronto Sun, which reported the story from WENN blog.
"Magazines would always ask about it (sexuality) but (they) would get stopped by my publicists,” she told the gay magazine. “It was my choice, too, because I was a bit worried about it — but now I don’t really give a s**t.
"You can’t hide away forever. It’s just stupid and now I’ve come out I feel a lot more comfortable with myself. But it was a bit scary back then, because some people do have horrible opinions."
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All
- Girl Scouts Reject Hate Group, Welcome Trans Girls