Gay Faves Stand on Ceremony
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 21 2011 2:50 PM ET
A host of gay and gay-favorite actors will take to the stage January 24 in a performance of Standing on Ceremony: The Gay Marriage Plays. The readings of one-act plays will feature Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family), Gale Harold (Queer as Folk), Kathy Najimy (Sister Act), Julie Hagerty (Airplane), Mary Lynn Rajskub (24), and others.
The evening features short works by playwrights Jeffrey Hatcher (Tuesdays With Morrie), Moisés Kaufman (The Laramie Project), Neil LaBute (Fat Pig), Kathy Najimy, Paul Rudnick (Jeffrey), Doug Wright (I Am My Own Wife), and more.
Standing on Ceremony benefits the American Foundation for Equal Rights and Equality California. The limited engagement will also feature performances January 31 and February 7, with casting and plays to be announced, at Largo at the Coronet (366 N. La Cienega Blvd.) in West Hollywood.
Tickets and additional information are available at StandingOnCeremony.net.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 22 min 22 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Australia's Sexy New Lesbian Web Series Starting From ... Now! 1 hour 15 min ago
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 1 hour 57 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris 2 hours 2 min ago
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 2:57 PM
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 2:18 PM
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court UPDATED: 2:12 PM