RuPaul Not Glad About GLAAD
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 31 2011 8:10 PM ET
The omission of RuPaul’s Drag Race and The A-List: New York for GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) Media Award nominations for Outstanding Reality Program has the drag diva and the A-listers up in arms.
“RuPaul thinks she deserves to be at the awards and she shouldn't have to share the spotlight with Heidi Klum, who was nominated for Project Runway, because Heidi isn't gay,” an insider told the New York Daily News.
Sources gave the paper conflicting reports regarding the nominations, such as that Logo didn’t submit the shows for nominations and that GLAAD felt the shows were poor representations of LGBT people.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Does AIDS in the Endzone Fumble? 57 min 15 sec ago
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 1 hour 48 min ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 2 hours 28 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When Scout Comes Out at Camp 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM