RuPaul Not Glad About GLAAD
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 31 2011 8:10 PM ET
The omission of RuPaul’s Drag Race and The A-List: New York for GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) Media Award nominations for Outstanding Reality Program has the drag diva and the A-listers up in arms.
“RuPaul thinks she deserves to be at the awards and she shouldn't have to share the spotlight with Heidi Klum, who was nominated for Project Runway, because Heidi isn't gay,” an insider told the New York Daily News.
Sources gave the paper conflicting reports regarding the nominations, such as that Logo didn’t submit the shows for nominations and that GLAAD felt the shows were poor representations of LGBT people.
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Congresswoman Slams Science Magazine for Transphobic, Sexist Cover
- Arizona: Marriage Ban Wasn't Meant to Harm Gay Couples
- Tow Truck Operator Targets LGBT Drivers During Gay Days
- Op-ed: NBC's Straight-Washing of John Constantine Is Bi Erasure