RuPaul Not Glad About GLAAD
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 31 2011 8:10 PM ET
The omission of RuPaul’s Drag Race and The A-List: New York for GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) Media Award nominations for Outstanding Reality Program has the drag diva and the A-listers up in arms.
“RuPaul thinks she deserves to be at the awards and she shouldn't have to share the spotlight with Heidi Klum, who was nominated for Project Runway, because Heidi isn't gay,” an insider told the New York Daily News.
Sources gave the paper conflicting reports regarding the nominations, such as that Logo didn’t submit the shows for nominations and that GLAAD felt the shows were poor representations of LGBT people.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument