RuPaul Not Glad About GLAAD
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 31 2011 8:10 PM ET
The omission of RuPaul’s Drag Race and The A-List: New York for GLAAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) Media Award nominations for Outstanding Reality Program has the drag diva and the A-listers up in arms.
“RuPaul thinks she deserves to be at the awards and she shouldn't have to share the spotlight with Heidi Klum, who was nominated for Project Runway, because Heidi isn't gay,” an insider told the New York Daily News.
Sources gave the paper conflicting reports regarding the nominations, such as that Logo didn’t submit the shows for nominations and that GLAAD felt the shows were poor representations of LGBT people.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- Greg Louganis on Caitlyn Jenner: 'We All Have Our Own Journeys'
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete