Footballer in Saudi Arabia Fined for Gay Taunts
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 14 2011 8:05 AM ET
Meril Radoi, a Romanian footballer who plays for the Saudi Alhilal Club, has been fined the equivalent of $5,500 and suspended for two matches after describing a Saudi Arabian player as gay.
According to Emirates 24/7, last week Radoi prompted outrage when he made the remarks about Hussein Abdul Ghani, who plays for Nasr Club.
“I don’t know why he keeps following me and annoying me during the matches…he touches me like a girl…I don’t know why….perhaps he does not like women but men,” said Radoi.
Emirates 24/7 reports that Saudi newspapers attacked Radoi for what they described as “racist” comments.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker December 11 2013 6:45 PM
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? December 11 2013 6:44 PM
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards December 11 2013 6:03 PM