Dave Grohl: F--k Creator
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 20 2011 10:20 AM ET
Foo Fighters front man Dave Grohl said he and his band members harbor no interest in appearing on Glee, and if show creator Ryan Murphy dislikes that, well, “F--k that guy.”
The former Nirvana drummer is the latest rocker to step into the licensing battle with Glee. Previously, Kings of Leon and Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash have entered into wars of words with Murphy over their unwillingness to allow their music to be used for the program.
Grohl spoke with The Hollywood Reporter following the premiere of the new Foo Fighters documentary at South By Southwest.
“It’s every band’s right, you shouldn’t have to do f---ing Glee,” he said. “And then the guy who created Glee is so offended that we’re not, like, begging to be on his f---ing show ... f--- that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do Glee.”
As for the show itself, Grohl seemed to have given it an earnest try, to no avail.
“I watched 10 minutes,” he said. “It’s not my thing.”
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action 37 min 46 sec ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? 1 hour 22 min ago
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season 1 hour 23 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity 1 hour 39 min ago
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 3:37 PM