Dave Grohl: F--k Creator
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 20 2011 10:20 AM ET
Foo Fighters front man Dave Grohl said he and his band members harbor no interest in appearing on Glee, and if show creator Ryan Murphy dislikes that, well, “F--k that guy.”
The former Nirvana drummer is the latest rocker to step into the licensing battle with Glee. Previously, Kings of Leon and Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash have entered into wars of words with Murphy over their unwillingness to allow their music to be used for the program.
Grohl spoke with The Hollywood Reporter following the premiere of the new Foo Fighters documentary at South By Southwest.
“It’s every band’s right, you shouldn’t have to do f---ing Glee,” he said. “And then the guy who created Glee is so offended that we’re not, like, begging to be on his f---ing show ... f--- that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do Glee.”
As for the show itself, Grohl seemed to have given it an earnest try, to no avail.
“I watched 10 minutes,” he said. “It’s not my thing.”
- Transgender Google's International Women's Day Doodle Includes Trans Women 12 min 16 sec ago
- Sports College Swimmer Comes Out to Religious Mom 31 min 53 sec ago
- Media CNN to Test New Don Lemon Prime-Time Show 45 min 47 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Christian Pastors Involved in African LGBT Issues — But Not How You May Think 1 hour 1 min ago
- Love and Sex Single, Fun, Fit, and 50 1 hour 13 min ago
- Travel Travelogue: News and Notes from Philly, San Diego and More 1 hour 30 min ago
- Politics Virginia's House Repeals Sodomy Ban 2 hours 29 min ago