Dave Grohl: F--k Creator
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 20 2011 11:20 AM ET
Foo Fighters front man Dave Grohl said he and his band members harbor no interest in appearing on Glee, and if show creator Ryan Murphy dislikes that, well, “F--k that guy.”
The former Nirvana drummer is the latest rocker to step into the licensing battle with Glee. Previously, Kings of Leon and Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash have entered into wars of words with Murphy over their unwillingness to allow their music to be used for the program.
Grohl spoke with The Hollywood Reporter following the premiere of the new Foo Fighters documentary at South By Southwest.
“It’s every band’s right, you shouldn’t have to do f---ing Glee,” he said. “And then the guy who created Glee is so offended that we’re not, like, begging to be on his f---ing show ... f--- that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do Glee.”
As for the show itself, Grohl seemed to have given it an earnest try, to no avail.
“I watched 10 minutes,” he said. “It’s not my thing.”
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Right-Wing Ad: Marriage Equality Will Cause Freedom's 'Extinction'
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'