Young Lesbian Wins in Denmark
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2011 7:05 AM ET
Sarah, a 15-year-old lesbian, has won The X Factor singing competition in Denmark.
According to the Copenhagen Post, Sarah, for whom no last name is provided, defeated two other finalists in front of a crowd of 40,000 at Parken Stadium and millions watching at home.
“Sporting a crew cut and singing with a husky voice that has consistently earned her the praise of all three judges, Sarah stole much of the attention during the audition phase of the contest when she announced she was a lesbian, an announcement that caught the attention of the lesbian media,” reports the Post.
PerezHilton.com offers video of her finale performance of Lady Gaga’s "Poker Face."She changed the lyrics to reflect singing to a woman.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos