Young Lesbian Wins in Denmark
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2011 6:05 AM ET
Sarah, a 15-year-old lesbian, has won The X Factor singing competition in Denmark.
According to the Copenhagen Post, Sarah, for whom no last name is provided, defeated two other finalists in front of a crowd of 40,000 at Parken Stadium and millions watching at home.
“Sporting a crew cut and singing with a husky voice that has consistently earned her the praise of all three judges, Sarah stole much of the attention during the audition phase of the contest when she announced she was a lesbian, an announcement that caught the attention of the lesbian media,” reports the Post.
PerezHilton.com offers video of her finale performance of Lady Gaga’s "Poker Face."She changed the lyrics to reflect singing to a woman.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 2 hours 41 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM