Young Lesbian Wins in Denmark
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2011 7:05 AM ET
Sarah, a 15-year-old lesbian, has won The X Factor singing competition in Denmark.
According to the Copenhagen Post, Sarah, for whom no last name is provided, defeated two other finalists in front of a crowd of 40,000 at Parken Stadium and millions watching at home.
“Sporting a crew cut and singing with a husky voice that has consistently earned her the praise of all three judges, Sarah stole much of the attention during the audition phase of the contest when she announced she was a lesbian, an announcement that caught the attention of the lesbian media,” reports the Post.
PerezHilton.com offers video of her finale performance of Lady Gaga’s "Poker Face."She changed the lyrics to reflect singing to a woman.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Does AIDS in the Endzone Fumble? 34 min 35 sec ago
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 1 hour 26 min ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 2 hours 5 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When Scout Comes Out at Camp 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM