Young Lesbian Wins in Denmark
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2011 7:05 AM ET
Sarah, a 15-year-old lesbian, has won The X Factor singing competition in Denmark.
According to the Copenhagen Post, Sarah, for whom no last name is provided, defeated two other finalists in front of a crowd of 40,000 at Parken Stadium and millions watching at home.
“Sporting a crew cut and singing with a husky voice that has consistently earned her the praise of all three judges, Sarah stole much of the attention during the audition phase of the contest when she announced she was a lesbian, an announcement that caught the attention of the lesbian media,” reports the Post.
PerezHilton.com offers video of her finale performance of Lady Gaga’s "Poker Face."She changed the lyrics to reflect singing to a woman.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks