Kevin Smith's Gay Hockey Wedding
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 23 2011 2:50 PM ET
Video of filmmaker Kevin Smith (Chasing Amy, Clerks) officiating the "I do"s of hockey superfans Scott Loudon and Michael Wojtowicz in February, is now online. The Los Angeles Kings fans have been in a relationship for 16 years and were wed in a ceremony conducted in Smith’s podcast studio and recorded for his SModcast podcast. The ceremony was also aired in part on ABC’s Nightline on February 22, in a segment about celebrity ministers that also included Tori Spelling and Kathy Griffin.
Said Smith about the ceremony being broadcast, “Suddenly, it goes from the 50 people here in this room to potentially the entire world [who get] to hear your wedding. And the more interesting the people are, the better it is. And if you're getting married here, you're really interesting. ... If you're getting married in hockey jerseys, and making me wear a referee jersey, and you're gay, and you're here, and you're huge hockey fans, we're in for a great show.”
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?