WATCH: Crossdresser's Lindsay Lohan Show Offers Discount to Lawbreakers
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
August 04 2012 1:16 PM ET UPDATED: August 04 2012 2:31 PM ET
You've got to love the multimedia extravaganza Project: Lohan, which just made its west coast premier at San Francisco’s The Costume Shop. According to Fishbowl LA, the promoters appeared on radio station KALW 97.1 FM and offered a discount to anyone who had a “difference of opinion” with the law and told listeners that if you have a DUI conviction and/or have a parole card, you can take it to the box office and receive $5.00 off the price of your ticket.
Project: Lohan, written by D’Arcy Drollinger (who plays Lindsay) and directed by Tracy Ward boasts has a bevy of crossdressing actors playing 60 different characters. Drollinger, a San Francisco playwright, used only previously published text from court documents, magazines, websites, 911 calls, and TV shows. "Lohan's arc from Disney starlet to convicted felon is reconstructed in an evocative timeline as both classic myth and Shakespearean tragedy," say the promoters, "with surprising and poignant insights into pop culture, the fragile nature of talent, and the people who surround and exploit it."
The show runs until Aug. 19 at The Costume Shop.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Women WATCH: Australia's Sexy New Lesbian Web Series Starting From ... Now! 51 min 59 sec ago
- Television 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever 1 hour 33 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris 1 hour 38 min ago
- Women WATCH: Houston's Lesbian Mayor Reveals 'The Gay Agenda' 2 hours 56 min ago
- Marriage Equality Oregon Republicans Support Marriage Equality 2:18 PM
- Uganda Ugandans Challenge 'Jail the Gays' Law in Court UPDATED: 2:12 PM
- Travel Melissa Etheridge Performing Russian Anthem at Toronto WorldPride 1:48 PM