BY Brandon Voss
April 29 2011 3:30 AM ET
10. MUSIC: Aphrodite – Live 2011, Kylie Minogue
Beginning April 29 in Boston, the U.S. leg of Kylie Minogue’s world tour includes a three-night stint at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom, a return to the Hollywood Bowl, and a closing night at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas. Minogue celebrates the tour with the May 3 release of a digital EP, North American Tour Bonus Edition, which includes five live recordings and a short film featuring backstage footage of the gay icon on the road.
9. FILM: East End Film Festival
The 10th year of this London fest, which runs through May 2, boasts its biggest selection of LGBT films ever: Among them, Catherine Donaldson’s Beauty and Brains (pictured top) documents a talent contest for Nepal’s “third-gender” citizens; Kanchi Wichmann’s Break My Fall (middle), an ode to London party culture, focuses on lesbian bandmates; and Jan Gassmann’s Off Beat (bottom) sees a Swiss gay rapper spiraling out of control.
8. THEATER: Wasted on a Boy: The Highs & Lows of a Hollywood Scamp
Chloë Sevigny-impersonating comedian Drew Droege directs Sam Pancake in Pancake’s new one-man show — May 3 and 4 at the Cavern Club Theater in L.A. — about his semi-charmed life as an openly gay pseudo-celebrity. Considering Pancake has had gay guest spots on the biggest hits (Friends, Will & Grace, Curb Your Enthusiasm) and the biggest flops (Kitchen Confidential, anyone?) in TV history, it should be a dishy riot.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Op-ed: How Tom Saved Finland