BY Brandon Voss
April 29 2011 4:30 AM ET
10. MUSIC: Aphrodite – Live 2011, Kylie Minogue
Beginning April 29 in Boston, the U.S. leg of Kylie Minogue’s world tour includes a three-night stint at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom, a return to the Hollywood Bowl, and a closing night at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas. Minogue celebrates the tour with the May 3 release of a digital EP, North American Tour Bonus Edition, which includes five live recordings and a short film featuring backstage footage of the gay icon on the road.
9. FILM: East End Film Festival
The 10th year of this London fest, which runs through May 2, boasts its biggest selection of LGBT films ever: Among them, Catherine Donaldson’s Beauty and Brains (pictured top) documents a talent contest for Nepal’s “third-gender” citizens; Kanchi Wichmann’s Break My Fall (middle), an ode to London party culture, focuses on lesbian bandmates; and Jan Gassmann’s Off Beat (bottom) sees a Swiss gay rapper spiraling out of control.
8. THEATER: Wasted on a Boy: The Highs & Lows of a Hollywood Scamp
Chloë Sevigny-impersonating comedian Drew Droege directs Sam Pancake in Pancake’s new one-man show — May 3 and 4 at the Cavern Club Theater in L.A. — about his semi-charmed life as an openly gay pseudo-celebrity. Considering Pancake has had gay guest spots on the biggest hits (Friends, Will & Grace, Curb Your Enthusiasm) and the biggest flops (Kitchen Confidential, anyone?) in TV history, it should be a dishy riot.
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 4:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM