BY Jeremy Kinser
December 17 2011 4:56 PM ET
4. FILM: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Visionary director David Fincher's adaptation of the best-selling Stieg Larsson thriller about bisexual Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara), a computer hacker and ward of the state who teams with a disgraced journalist (Daniel Craig) to solve the long-ago disappearance of the niece of a wealthy industrialist (Beginners' Christopher Plummer). Opens nationwide December 20.
3. THEATER: A John Waters Christmas
Until he delivers his promised, long-postponed cracked Christmas epic Fruitcake, we can settle for the filmmaker-raconteur as he focuses his rapier wit on seasonal traditions such as perverted gift exchange, ex-cons, yuletide terrorism, and other holiday horror stories in his annual one-man show. For two consecutive nights beginning December 19 at New York's Ethel Barrymore Theatre.
2. TV: 2011: Year in Review
Chloë Sevigny, a.k.a. Drew Droege (pictured), Charles Busch, Out editor Aaron Hicklin, and drag superstar Sherry Vine are among the luminaries who offer a rollicking look at marriage equality, the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell," and other milestones of the past year. The special premieres today on here!
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Right-Wing Ad: Marriage Equality Will Cause Freedom's 'Extinction'
- Artist Spotlight: Chris von Steiner