BY Jeremy Kinser
December 17 2011 4:56 PM ET
4. FILM: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Visionary director David Fincher's adaptation of the best-selling Stieg Larsson thriller about bisexual Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara), a computer hacker and ward of the state who teams with a disgraced journalist (Daniel Craig) to solve the long-ago disappearance of the niece of a wealthy industrialist (Beginners' Christopher Plummer). Opens nationwide December 20.
3. THEATER: A John Waters Christmas
Until he delivers his promised, long-postponed cracked Christmas epic Fruitcake, we can settle for the filmmaker-raconteur as he focuses his rapier wit on seasonal traditions such as perverted gift exchange, ex-cons, yuletide terrorism, and other holiday horror stories in his annual one-man show. For two consecutive nights beginning December 19 at New York's Ethel Barrymore Theatre.
2. TV: 2011: Year in Review
Chloë Sevigny, a.k.a. Drew Droege (pictured), Charles Busch, Out editor Aaron Hicklin, and drag superstar Sherry Vine are among the luminaries who offer a rollicking look at marriage equality, the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell," and other milestones of the past year. The special premieres today on here!
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut