BY Jeremy Kinser
March 09 2012 1:55 PM ET
10. DVD: Conversation Piece
The penultimate film (now on DVD) from legendary (and gay) Italian director Luchino Visconti (Death in Venice) is one of his most opulent (costumes by Yves Saint Laurent!) masterworks. Visconti's longtime lover Helmut Berger and Burt Lancaster star in a gripping tale of a retired American professor dealing with a vulgar Italian noblewoman and her companions.
9. BOOK: Born to Be Brad, Brad Goreski
In this heartfelt memoir (It Books, $24.99) the bow-tied star of Bravo's It's a Brad Brad World recalls his Canadian childhood, during which his parents sent him to a “doctor” to try to cure his homosexuality, and how he escaped the cruel taunts of bullies by reading fashion mags and honing his skill as a stylist with Barbie dolls.
8. DVD: @Suicide Room
In Jan Komasa's riveting techno-thriller (now on DVD), Dominick (charismatic Jakub Gierszal), a wealthy Warsaw teen, is taunted by classmates after they catch him kissing a boy. He eventually takes refuge in the virtual world of “the Suicide Room” to escape the torment of bullying.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- WATCH: Hillary Clinton’s New Tearjerking Marriage Equality Video