BY Jeremy Kinser
July 30 2010 7:30 PM ET
You’re so often surrounded by Playmates or seen that way, anyway. How much time do you have alone to yourself and what do you like to do in your free time when you’re alone?
Well, I spend very, very little time completely alone. I spend most of my quiet time with my girlfriend Crystal Harris. Those are the best times. People’s general impression, of course, is that it’s party time all the time at Playboy, but that’s clearly not the case. There may be events and parties going on several times a week, but if I spend any time at it, it will be very limited. Most of my good time at night is upstairs with my lady.
A couple years ago there was a biography of you published called Mr. Playboy, and it said that when you lived in Chicago you were propositioned by a gay man, and being so sexually liberated, you went through with it just for the experience. What do you remember of that?
Not a great deal. You’re talking about something that would be 55 years — more than half a century — ago. Sexual adventure is rooted in curiosity.
You turned 84 a few months ago. What’s your secret to such a long, prosperous, happy life?
Well, I think it has to do, first and foremost, with good DNA. My mother lived to be 101, so if you want to live a long time, pick your parents with great care. Beyond that, I think it has to do with taking care of yourself and having a good mental attitude. I have always seen life as a celebration, and I think that helps to keep you young.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM