BY Jeremy Kinser
July 30 2010 6:30 PM ET
You’re so often surrounded by Playmates or seen that way, anyway. How much time do you have alone to yourself and what do you like to do in your free time when you’re alone?
Well, I spend very, very little time completely alone. I spend most of my quiet time with my girlfriend Crystal Harris. Those are the best times. People’s general impression, of course, is that it’s party time all the time at Playboy, but that’s clearly not the case. There may be events and parties going on several times a week, but if I spend any time at it, it will be very limited. Most of my good time at night is upstairs with my lady.
A couple years ago there was a biography of you published called Mr. Playboy, and it said that when you lived in Chicago you were propositioned by a gay man, and being so sexually liberated, you went through with it just for the experience. What do you remember of that?
Not a great deal. You’re talking about something that would be 55 years — more than half a century — ago. Sexual adventure is rooted in curiosity.
You turned 84 a few months ago. What’s your secret to such a long, prosperous, happy life?
Well, I think it has to do, first and foremost, with good DNA. My mother lived to be 101, so if you want to live a long time, pick your parents with great care. Beyond that, I think it has to do with taking care of yourself and having a good mental attitude. I have always seen life as a celebration, and I think that helps to keep you young.
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: How a Symbol Changed Hearts and Minds
- The Daily Show's Gaywatch, Feat. Ian McKellen, Rick Santorum, and Cardinal Dolan
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Film How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS 3 min 48 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Utah's Marriage Ban Faces Court Challenge Today 22 min 27 sec ago
- Travel Discovering the Other Baja: La Paz 1 hour 1 min ago
- Politics Dick Cheney 'Suprised' By Mary's 'Attack' Following Sister Liz's Insult to Mary's Marriage 1 hour 9 min ago
- Entertainment News Knockout Game: Don Lemon Manhandled By Black Belt Rabbi on CNN 2 hours 33 sec ago
- Travel An American in Dublin: Exploring Gay Life Over the Rainbow 2 hours 20 min ago
- Parenting Israel Set to Grant Gay Men Adoption Tax Benefits 2 hours 32 min ago