WATCH: Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson Riff Off in Pitch Perfect
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 11:57 AM ET
Pitch Perfect, the debut feature from Avenue Q director Jason Moore, is an irreverent new comedy about the cutthroat competition among collegiate a capella singers.
The film stars Twilight's Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson from Bridesmaids as members of the all-female group that includes a lesbian (Ester Dean, pictured), who is initially mistaken for a man. In an upcoming Advocate profile, Moore discusses the LGBT-inclusive comedy, which bears favorable comparison with Bring It On and Mean Girls.
“You’ve got 10 girls, one of them’s got to be a lesbian, you know,” Moore says. “There’s some funny running jokes about her, but I believe that we should be able to make fun of ourselves and everybody should be made fun of. That’s comedy to me, no one’s above reproach.”
Pitch Perfect will be released in theaters October 5. Watch a clip below.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage