WATCH: Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson Riff Off in Pitch Perfect
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 11:57 AM ET
Pitch Perfect, the debut feature from Avenue Q director Jason Moore, is an irreverent new comedy about the cutthroat competition among collegiate a capella singers.
The film stars Twilight's Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson from Bridesmaids as members of the all-female group that includes a lesbian (Ester Dean, pictured), who is initially mistaken for a man. In an upcoming Advocate profile, Moore discusses the LGBT-inclusive comedy, which bears favorable comparison with Bring It On and Mean Girls.
“You’ve got 10 girls, one of them’s got to be a lesbian, you know,” Moore says. “There’s some funny running jokes about her, but I believe that we should be able to make fun of ourselves and everybody should be made fun of. That’s comedy to me, no one’s above reproach.”
Pitch Perfect will be released in theaters October 5. Watch a clip below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 59 min 15 sec ago
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 59 min 15 sec ago
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 59 min 15 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM