WATCH: Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson Riff Off in Pitch Perfect
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 10:57 AM ET
Pitch Perfect, the debut feature from Avenue Q director Jason Moore, is an irreverent new comedy about the cutthroat competition among collegiate a capella singers.
The film stars Twilight's Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson from Bridesmaids as members of the all-female group that includes a lesbian (Ester Dean, pictured), who is initially mistaken for a man. In an upcoming Advocate profile, Moore discusses the LGBT-inclusive comedy, which bears favorable comparison with Bring It On and Mean Girls.
“You’ve got 10 girls, one of them’s got to be a lesbian, you know,” Moore says. “There’s some funny running jokes about her, but I believe that we should be able to make fun of ourselves and everybody should be made fun of. That’s comedy to me, no one’s above reproach.”
Pitch Perfect will be released in theaters October 5. Watch a clip below.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died