Luke Evans Brings the Smolder to Dracula Untold
BY Brian Andersen
June 29 2014 4:15 PM ET
Hollywood digs into the legend of the Prince of Darkness with the new film Dracula Untold.
Due in October, the action film’s new trailer has plenty of drama, blood, and fangs to satisfy fans of the undead.
It also features formerly out actor Luke Evans in the lead role.
While Evans has rarely addressed his personal life in recent years and appears to have gone back into the closet, refusing to acknowledge previous statements he made about his sexuality, he openly spoke about his being gay to The Advocate in a 2002 interview.
“Everybody knew me as a gay man, and in my life in London I never tried to hide,” Evans said of his decision to come out publicly. “I knew I was going to have to do interviews with gay magazines; I knew this was going to happen. So I thought, well, I'm going to have to be open. It's who I am. And if people don't like it, then I don't want their jobs.”
Watch the trailer for Dracula Untold below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf