Operation Marriage Becomes a Film
BY Christopher Harrity
July 24 2014 3:30 AM ET
Cynthia Chin-Lee's award-winning children's book told from a child's point of view, Operation Marriage, is about an 8-year-old girl and her little brother trying to get their gay moms married before Proposition 8's passing in California.
Filmmaker Quentin Lee (White Frog, Ethan Mao) is directing the film, which will be available free online, from a script by Cynthia Chin-Lee. Emmy-nominated actress Mindy Cohn (Scooby Doo!, The Facts of Life) and Tamlyn Tomita (Glee, The Joy Luck Club) are attached to play the gay moms.
Here's the official website for more information. And if you want to help contribute to this educational film, freely distributed, check out the Hatchfund page here. Hurry, only a few days left to contribute.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Ben Carson: Gays Might Find Poison in Wedding Cakes
- Beloved Minnesota Teacher, GSA Adviser Shot Dead
- Pope Francis Holds Private Meeting With Transgender Man and Fiancée