Operation Marriage Becomes a Film
BY Christopher Harrity
July 24 2014 4:30 AM ET
Cynthia Chin-Lee's award-winning children's book told from a child's point of view, Operation Marriage, is about an 8-year-old girl and her little brother trying to get their gay moms married before Proposition 8's passing in California.
Filmmaker Quentin Lee (White Frog, Ethan Mao) is directing the film, which will be available free online, from a script by Cynthia Chin-Lee. Emmy-nominated actress Mindy Cohn (Scooby Doo!, The Facts of Life) and Tamlyn Tomita (Glee, The Joy Luck Club) are attached to play the gay moms.
Here's the official website for more information. And if you want to help contribute to this educational film, freely distributed, check out the Hatchfund page here. Hurry, only a few days left to contribute.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet