Hot Sheet: To Be Experienced
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 15 2013 7:30 PM ET
4. TELEVISION: Bates Motel
Who needs friends when you have your mother? That’s the question Bates Motel poses in the dark new A&E series premiering this Monday. Vera Farmiga plays Norma Bates, mother to Norman, and new owner of a fixer-upper motel in a small town full of secrets. This Psycho prequel goes above and beyond to escape out of the shadow of the classic film and succeeds in every way. Farmiga plays Norma as the most disturbingly loving mother you’ve ever seen on television, and you learn that the root of Norman’s psychotic behavior stems from her. Make sure to check into Bates Motel, just be warned that you may not survive the night. Bates Motel premieres Monday at 10.
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either