Hot Sheet: To Be Experienced
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 15 2013 7:30 PM ET
4. TELEVISION: Bates Motel
Who needs friends when you have your mother? That’s the question Bates Motel poses in the dark new A&E series premiering this Monday. Vera Farmiga plays Norma Bates, mother to Norman, and new owner of a fixer-upper motel in a small town full of secrets. This Psycho prequel goes above and beyond to escape out of the shadow of the classic film and succeeds in every way. Farmiga plays Norma as the most disturbingly loving mother you’ve ever seen on television, and you learn that the root of Norman’s psychotic behavior stems from her. Make sure to check into Bates Motel, just be warned that you may not survive the night. Bates Motel premieres Monday at 10.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- S.C. Fans Show Lack Of Creativity, Smarts in Michael Sam Posters
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar