Adam Lambert: First Openly Gay Musician To Debut at Top of Billboard Charts
BY Jeremy Kinser
May 23 2012 11:38 AM ET
With Trespassing Adam Lambert confirms his superstar status and makes history as the first openly LGBT vocalist to have an album debut at the number 1 position of the Billboard album charts.
Released May 15, Trespassing premieres at the top of both Billboard's Top 200 chart and digital albums chart. With a mix of dance songs and ballads, including the equality anthem "Outlaws of Love," the album has also received exceptionally strong notices from music critics. Lambert's first album, For Your Entertainment, debuted at number 3 in 2009. Other LGBT recording artists, including Elton John and George Michael, have had number 1 albums, but prior to coming out publicly.
Watch a teaser for the soon-to-be-released video for Lambert's single "Never Close Our Eyes" below.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 9 min 14 sec ago
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 1 hour 44 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kim Stolz's Ridiculously Beautiful Wedding Video 2 hours 37 min ago
- Politics N.J. Legislature Could Enshrine Marriage Equality into State Law 2 hours 54 min ago
- Transgender Coalition Still Short in Bid to Repeal Calif. Trans Student Law 3:09 PM
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 2:44 PM
- Film WATCH: Trailer for the Wachowskis' Jupiter Ascending Premieres Online 2:41 PM