Lambert: Did a Chick-fil-A Rally Against Him?
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 15 2012 2:14 PM ET
CLARIFICATION: Information on the op-ed writer's history of questionable American Idol views is added to the story.
A local Chick-fil-A operator in Arkansas allegedly spent thousands of dollars and gave away free food to encourage customers to vote against Adam Lambert on American Idol, according to an op-ed written by Kerry Kolsch and published on Yahoo.
Kolsch, whose Yahoo profile says she is an attorney, a writer and author of American Idol Vote Scam, has written extensively about Kris Allen's victory during Idol's eighth season being rigged and is considered by some as a conspiracy theorist. She is notorious on Idol message boards.
Lambert was considered by many to be a shoo-in to win season 8 of the musical competition series but lost unexpectedly to Allen, a native of Conway, Arkansas. The small town is also home to a local Chick-fil-A that Kolsch claims mounted an intense campaign to affect the outcome of American Idol in favor of Allen rather than Lambert, who was presumed to be gay but hadn't officially revealed his sexual orientation.
According to Kolsch, "week after week people gathered to vote at Chick-fil-A sponsored events. It was not just ordinary voting, but power texting with multiple phones and after-hour voting with west coast go-phones. Voters were encouraged to vote thousands of times each with free food and prizes. It was an appealing incentive in this sleepy college town."
Kolsch acknowledges that there's no indication that the Chick-fil-A operator acted with the "blessing and financial support of Dan Cathy at Chick-fil-A headquarters."
- Marriage Equality ACLU Launches My Big Gay (Il)legal Wedding Contest 19 min 44 sec ago
- Film Kidnapped for Christ to Premiere at Slamdance 8:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Separate or Together? 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America 7:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 6:30 AM
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 5:00 AM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM