Lambert: Did a Chick-fil-A Rally Against Him?
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 15 2012 2:14 PM ET
CLARIFICATION: Information on the op-ed writer's history of questionable American Idol views is added to the story.
A local Chick-fil-A operator in Arkansas allegedly spent thousands of dollars and gave away free food to encourage customers to vote against Adam Lambert on American Idol, according to an op-ed written by Kerry Kolsch and published on Yahoo.
Kolsch, whose Yahoo profile says she is an attorney, a writer and author of American Idol Vote Scam, has written extensively about Kris Allen's victory during Idol's eighth season being rigged and is considered by some as a conspiracy theorist. She is notorious on Idol message boards.
Lambert was considered by many to be a shoo-in to win season 8 of the musical competition series but lost unexpectedly to Allen, a native of Conway, Arkansas. The small town is also home to a local Chick-fil-A that Kolsch claims mounted an intense campaign to affect the outcome of American Idol in favor of Allen rather than Lambert, who was presumed to be gay but hadn't officially revealed his sexual orientation.
According to Kolsch, "week after week people gathered to vote at Chick-fil-A sponsored events. It was not just ordinary voting, but power texting with multiple phones and after-hour voting with west coast go-phones. Voters were encouraged to vote thousands of times each with free food and prizes. It was an appealing incentive in this sleepy college town."
Kolsch acknowledges that there's no indication that the Chick-fil-A operator acted with the "blessing and financial support of Dan Cathy at Chick-fil-A headquarters."
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 33 min 4 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 1 hour 32 min ago
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM