Dick Clark Dies at 82
BY Josh Hinkle
April 18 2012 6:18 PM ET
Dick Clark died Wednesday morning after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 82.
TMZ reports that Clark was in the hospital following an outpatient procedure performed at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. The site reports that Clark suffered the heart attack shortly after the procedure. Hospital attendants attempted to resuscitate Clark but were unsuccessful.
Clark suffered a severe stroke in 2004. Following the stroke, he retired from hosting his New Year's Eve show. Ryan Seacrest took over as the host, but Clark continued to make smaller appearances.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland 1 hour 2 min ago
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' 1 hour 20 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator 1 hour 27 min ago
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins 1 hour 42 min ago
- Entertainment News Need to Know: Alabama’s All-Male Cheerleading Squad 1 hour 53 min ago
- Sports National Gay & Lesbian Sports Hall of Fame’s First Class Announced 2 hours 21 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Did Chris Colfer Get Arrested? 2 hours 27 min ago