Dick Clark Dies at 82
BY Josh Hinkle
April 18 2012 6:18 PM ET
Dick Clark died Wednesday morning after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 82.
TMZ reports that Clark was in the hospital following an outpatient procedure performed at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. The site reports that Clark suffered the heart attack shortly after the procedure. Hospital attendants attempted to resuscitate Clark but were unsuccessful.
Clark suffered a severe stroke in 2004. Following the stroke, he retired from hosting his New Year's Eve show. Ryan Seacrest took over as the host, but Clark continued to make smaller appearances.
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South