Dick Clark Dies at 82
BY Josh Hinkle
April 18 2012 6:18 PM ET
Dick Clark died Wednesday morning after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 82.
TMZ reports that Clark was in the hospital following an outpatient procedure performed at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. The site reports that Clark suffered the heart attack shortly after the procedure. Hospital attendants attempted to resuscitate Clark but were unsuccessful.
Clark suffered a severe stroke in 2004. Following the stroke, he retired from hosting his New Year's Eve show. Ryan Seacrest took over as the host, but Clark continued to make smaller appearances.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 13 min 17 sec ago
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 22 min 59 sec ago
- Sports Robbie Rogers Returns as First Openly Gay Footballer 1 hour 1 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM