Dick Clark Dies at 82
BY Josh Hinkle
April 18 2012 6:18 PM ET
Dick Clark died Wednesday morning after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 82.
TMZ reports that Clark was in the hospital following an outpatient procedure performed at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. The site reports that Clark suffered the heart attack shortly after the procedure. Hospital attendants attempted to resuscitate Clark but were unsuccessful.
Clark suffered a severe stroke in 2004. Following the stroke, he retired from hosting his New Year's Eve show. Ryan Seacrest took over as the host, but Clark continued to make smaller appearances.
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility