Dick Clark Dies at 82
BY Josh Hinkle
April 18 2012 6:18 PM ET
Dick Clark died Wednesday morning after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 82.
TMZ reports that Clark was in the hospital following an outpatient procedure performed at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. The site reports that Clark suffered the heart attack shortly after the procedure. Hospital attendants attempted to resuscitate Clark but were unsuccessful.
Clark suffered a severe stroke in 2004. Following the stroke, he retired from hosting his New Year's Eve show. Ryan Seacrest took over as the host, but Clark continued to make smaller appearances.
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers