Dick Clark Dies at 82
BY Josh Hinkle
April 18 2012 5:18 PM ET
Dick Clark died Wednesday morning after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 82.
TMZ reports that Clark was in the hospital following an outpatient procedure performed at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. The site reports that Clark suffered the heart attack shortly after the procedure. Hospital attendants attempted to resuscitate Clark but were unsuccessful.
Clark suffered a severe stroke in 2004. Following the stroke, he retired from hosting his New Year's Eve show. Ryan Seacrest took over as the host, but Clark continued to make smaller appearances.
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: How a Symbol Changed Hearts and Minds
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- The Daily Show's Gaywatch, Feat. Ian McKellen, Rick Santorum, and Cardinal Dolan
- Travel Discovering the Other Baja: La Paz 19 min 38 sec ago
- Politics Dick Cheney 'Suprised' By Mary's 'Attack' Following Sister Liz's Insult to Mary's Marriage 27 min 17 sec ago
- Entertainment News Knockout Game: Don Lemon Manhandled By Black Belt Rabbi on CNN 1 hour 18 min ago
- Travel An American in Dublin: Exploring Gay Life Over the Rainbow 1 hour 37 min ago
- Parenting Israel Set to Grant Gay Men Adoption Tax Benefits 1 hour 49 min ago
- Sports Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team 1 hour 51 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Trans Game Designer Is Bringing Diversity to Digital Realm 7:00 AM