T-Pain Breaks it Down For 'All Homophobic Idiots'
BY Jase Peeples
April 20 2013 1:12 PM ET
However, a number of other players have been less welcoming, stating they would not be comfortable with a gay teammate in the locker-room.
But rap artist T-Pain had some sage advice for homophobes who are losing sleep over the thought of a possible same-sex admirer and tweeted it out earlier this week.
Attention all homophobic idiots: if you’re not attractive to straight women, you’re probably not attractive to gay men. You can unclench now
— T-Pain (@TPAIN) April 16, 2013
The hyper-masculine world of hip-hop, like the NFL, has long been saddled with an antigay reputation, but T-Pain’s tweet is proof that attitudes are changing and more allies for equality are stepping forward every day.
Even more encouraging is the fact that his tweet was not only favorited and but also retweeted by thousands of his followers.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Minister From Viral Video Is Not a Gay Rights Champion After All