T-Pain Breaks it Down For 'All Homophobic Idiots'
BY Jase Peeples
April 20 2013 12:12 PM ET
However, a number of other players have been less welcoming, stating they would not be comfortable with a gay teammate in the locker-room.
But rap artist T-Pain had some sage advice for homophobes who are losing sleep over the thought of a possible same-sex admirer and tweeted it out earlier this week.
Attention all homophobic idiots: if you’re not attractive to straight women, you’re probably not attractive to gay men. You can unclench now
— T-Pain (@TPAIN) April 16, 2013
The hyper-masculine world of hip-hop, like the NFL, has long been saddled with an antigay reputation, but T-Pain’s tweet is proof that attitudes are changing and more allies for equality are stepping forward every day.
Even more encouraging is the fact that his tweet was not only favorited and but also retweeted by thousands of his followers.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Leaked 'The Interview' Scene Puts James Franco in Bed With Kim Jong-Un