British Boy Band Member Reveals He's Had Sexual Relationships With Men
BY Jase Peeples
January 09 2014 7:03 PM ET
Singer Lee Ryan of the British boy band Blue revealed he has had sexual encounters with other men on a recent episode of the U.K. reality series Celebrity Big Brother, reports the International Business Times.
Ryan’s admission was a first for the 30-year-old singer, who casually told castmates Jasmine Walts and Luisa Zissman about his same-sex encounter when the group was discussing orgies and same-sex relationships.
"Yeah, I've been with a man," Ryan said. "Everyone's done experimentational shit. I'll tell you later."
When "later" arrived, Ryan added, "Of course, man. I'm a well-traveled person. I've never admitted it anywhere. No one's bothered to ask."
Ryan is the second member of Blue to reveal his sexuality is fluid. His bandmate Duncan James came out as bisexual in 2009 in an interview with the U.K.’s News of the World.
"I've been in loving relationships with men as well as women — and I'm not ashamed," James said in the interview. "But even though I fancy men, I still fancy women too."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?
- Texas Antigay Group Raising Money to Fight LGBT 'Army'