Hulk Hogan’s ‘Little Gay Sidekick’ Hits Vh1
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 31 2009 11:00 PM ET
an Emmy nod for work with beleaguered pop icon Michael
to introducing Liza Minelli to David Guest, Glenn Douglas
Packard consistently finds himself connected to
Hollywood’s tabloid favorites. As Brooke
Hogan’s best friend and costar on the Vh1 series
Brooke Knows Best, which debuted Sunday,
July 13, he’s done it again.
rolling, Packard, Hogan and her childhood friend Ashley
enjoy life in a fabulous Miami penthouse. On the
fringe’s, the 20-year-old aspiring pop
princess’ pro wrestler dad Hulk and mom Linda,
stars of the “celebreality” show’s
predecessor Hogan Knows Best, are in a grudge
match divorce and her brother is jailed for nearly
killing his passenger in an auto accident. Here the
entrepreneur behind video production company Tattooed
Angels, who met his famous roommate seven years ago
through deposed boy band magnate Lou Pearlman, discusses
coming out, surviving scandal and why he’d never
sleep with Brooke’s legendary father.
You’re in Michigan, coming out to your family days
before your new reality show starts?
immediate family – my mom, dad, brother and sister
– knew. They’ve always known. One aunt
also knew. Everyone else, I needed to come out to. I
have nephews and nieces that are really close to me who I
was most concerned about. My oldest nephew, who is 14,
wrote a paper calling me his “hero.” I
just wanted to make sure he has no problems with it and
things will be OK at school. To tell the truth,
everyone’s been amazing. They’ve all
been really accepting. They love me for who I am. I’m
still “Uncle Glenn.” It’s been
The confusion is understandable. So many of Liza’s
choreographers are straight.
(Laughing.) Funny thing is, there was a time in my life when
I was seeing girls and was engaged to be married.
That’s throwing people off. There was a time
when that was going on in my life. Then I moved away.
That side of myself stayed here. They never saw the other
side of Glenn Douglas Packard. I’m just
bringing those two worlds together.
- Year in Review The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?' 51 min 46 sec ago
- Women Kim Basinger is Sleek and Sexy in Pin-Striped Men's Suit December 18 2013 9:50 PM
- Women Op-ed: The Right's War on Christmas - The 2013 Edition! December 18 2013 9:06 PM
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening December 18 2013 7:07 PM
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India December 18 2013 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective December 18 2013 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! December 18 2013 4:49 PM