Portia de Rossi Cast As Lily Munster
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 13 2012 9:44 AM ET
Actress Portia de Rossi will play matriarch Lily Munster in Mockingbird Lane, out producer Bryan Fuller's dramatic reboot of the '60s sitcom The Munsters for NBC, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actress, known for roles in dearly departed sitcoms Arrested Development and Better Off Ted, as well as being the outspoken wife to comic Ellen DeGeneres, will take the role originated by screen siren Yvonne DeCarlo in the first series, which was broadcast on CBS from 1964-66. De Rossi will join the previously announced Jerry O'Connell, who will play her husband Herman Munster, and Eddie Izzard, cast as Grandpa.
The revamp by Fuller, producer of Heroes and Pushing Daisies, is said to be said to be "an edgier and slightly darker take, exploring origins of Herman and Lily and how they arrived at the famed 1313 Mockingbird Lane address." The pilot will be directed by Bryan Singer.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'