Portia de Rossi Cast As Lily Munster
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 13 2012 9:44 AM ET
Actress Portia de Rossi will play matriarch Lily Munster in Mockingbird Lane, out producer Bryan Fuller's dramatic reboot of the '60s sitcom The Munsters for NBC, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actress, known for roles in dearly departed sitcoms Arrested Development and Better Off Ted, as well as being the outspoken wife to comic Ellen DeGeneres, will take the role originated by screen siren Yvonne DeCarlo in the first series, which was broadcast on CBS from 1964-66. De Rossi will join the previously announced Jerry O'Connell, who will play her husband Herman Munster, and Eddie Izzard, cast as Grandpa.
The revamp by Fuller, producer of Heroes and Pushing Daisies, is said to be said to be "an edgier and slightly darker take, exploring origins of Herman and Lily and how they arrived at the famed 1313 Mockingbird Lane address." The pilot will be directed by Bryan Singer.
- Hot Sheet: A New Quiver
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Do New Immigration Detention Guidelines Fail Trans Detainees?
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda 59 min 58 sec ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina 1 hour 59 min ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: A New Quiver March 14 2014 7:30 PM
- Travel State Department: Russia is Dangerous for All Americans March 14 2014 6:55 PM
- Women The 31 Most Eligible Out Women of 2014 March 14 2014 6:41 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages March 14 2014 6:39 PM
- Film Is Terence Davies' The Long Day Closes the Greatest Gay Film Ever Made? March 14 2014 5:30 PM