Portia de Rossi Cast As Lily Munster
BY Jeremy Kinser
June 13 2012 9:44 AM ET
Actress Portia de Rossi will play matriarch Lily Munster in Mockingbird Lane, out producer Bryan Fuller's dramatic reboot of the '60s sitcom The Munsters for NBC, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actress, known for roles in dearly departed sitcoms Arrested Development and Better Off Ted, as well as being the outspoken wife to comic Ellen DeGeneres, will take the role originated by screen siren Yvonne DeCarlo in the first series, which was broadcast on CBS from 1964-66. De Rossi will join the previously announced Jerry O'Connell, who will play her husband Herman Munster, and Eddie Izzard, cast as Grandpa.
The revamp by Fuller, producer of Heroes and Pushing Daisies, is said to be said to be "an edgier and slightly darker take, exploring origins of Herman and Lily and how they arrived at the famed 1313 Mockingbird Lane address." The pilot will be directed by Bryan Singer.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- TV Mastermind Jane Espenson: From to to Evil Queens
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- Dallas Councilwoman Objects to "Homosexual Conduct" in HIV Testing Billboard
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Politics | Advocate.com
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator June 18 2013 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins June 18 2013 5:44 PM