Glenn Beck 'Horrified' by 'Glee,' Working on Alternative
BY Trudy Ring
June 16 2012 12:12 PM ET
Glenn Beck has a new mission: He’s out to take down Glee.
Beck, speaking at the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference in Washington, D.C., Friday, said he and his wife were horrified by the show, so he’s come up with a plan for a conservative alternative, Talking Points Memo reports.
“A year ago I was watching the show Glee with my wife and we watched it like this,” Beck said, with an exaggerated expression of his jaw dropping. “It’s horrifying some of the things that they’re teaching high-schoolers. But it’s brilliantly done. It’s brilliantly done.”
The right-wing talker is developing a “push-back with artists with music, but not the stereotypical conservative Lee Greenwood music,” he told conference attendees.
Earlier in the week he discussed his plan for the show with website BuzzFeed, saying it will portray “the good and the bad” in teenagers’ lives but “not celebrate high school kids hooking up.”
“We are working with a rapper — I can't say who yet — but my audience and his audience will say, ‘What?’” Beck said coyly. “We jokingly call this our Oedipus project because the left will be making out with me ... and they'll have no idea. Somebody will say, ‘Do you know that’s ... ?’ and they’ll say, ‘Oh I don’t care, I just really like the music.’”
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective 18 min ago
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! 23 min 19 sec ago
- Sports Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins at Celebrating Christmas 53 min 25 sec ago
- Entertainment News Paul Rudd On Witnessing a Drag Queen Brawl 1 hour 20 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Airline 1 hour 23 min ago
- The Wedding Channel Gay Couples to Wed Atop 2014 Rose Parade Float 1 hour 55 min ago
- Music The Shondes: On Mixing Music & Politics 1 hour 55 min ago