WATCH: Jessica Lange, Adam Levine in American Horror Story: Asylum Promo
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 30 2012 8:29 PM ET
"Que Sera Sera" has never sounded as creepy as in this first peek at American Horror Story: Asylum featuring new cast members Adam Levine and Chloë Sevigny, and, most important, the returning Jessica Lange as a sadistic nun.
As Entertainment Weekly reveals in a new cover story, the sophomore season of FX's horror hit from creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk will be set primarily in 1964 and take place in Briarcliff, a Massachusetts mental institution, run by Lange's character, Sister Jude. Besides Lange, returning season 1 cast members include Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Lily Rabe, who will all play new characters.
Lange hints that her new role will be as challenging as her fan favorite Constance from last season. “If I were playing a straitlaced nun, start to finish, I can’t say that would interest me too much,” Lange tells EW. “What’s great are the extremes. To go from where she was and where she’s getting to, that’s what’s going to be interesting.”
Paulson will play a lesbian journalist named Lana. The actress recently spoke about the series with The Hollywood Reporter, saying, "I think this season is much more about the psychological terror and also about people who have been left, or unloved, unwanted in the '60s and just the politics of what happened in the '60s."
American Horror Story: Asylum is scheduled to premiere in October. Watch the promo below.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 7:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM