Classic Movies Through an LGBT Lens
BY Trudy Ring
November 16 2012 5:49 AM ET
While growing up in a small town in Pennsylvania, Tony Maietta watched a lot of classic Hollywood movies on television. So when he moved to Los Angeles as a 20-something in the 1990s, he brought some film-fueled fantasies with him.
“I thought I was going to see William Holden at the Brown Derby, Robert Taylor at the Farmers Market,” he jokes. He soon realized that the only way he could live in the golden-age Hollywood he loved was to be a film historian. Having written and lectured on the movies, appeared in documentaries, and hosted film events, he’s now sharing his cinematic knowledge with TV viewers as host of Here’s Hollywood.
In the program — an original production of Here TV, owned by Here Media, also the parent company of The Advocate — Maietta views vintage movies through an LGBT lens.
- Pastor: Homosexuals Bully Straights
- Op-ed: Flying While Trans
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- PHOTOS: French Photographer Fights Homophobia With 'Imaginary Couples'
- TV Mastermind Jane Espenson: From to to Evil Queens
- Study: Same-Sex Couples Suffer Discrimination in Rental Market
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator June 18 2013 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins June 18 2013 5:44 PM