Classic Movies Through an LGBT Lens
BY Trudy Ring
November 16 2012 5:49 AM ET
While growing up in a small town in Pennsylvania, Tony Maietta watched a lot of classic Hollywood movies on television. So when he moved to Los Angeles as a 20-something in the 1990s, he brought some film-fueled fantasies with him.
“I thought I was going to see William Holden at the Brown Derby, Robert Taylor at the Farmers Market,” he jokes. He soon realized that the only way he could live in the golden-age Hollywood he loved was to be a film historian. Having written and lectured on the movies, appeared in documentaries, and hosted film events, he’s now sharing his cinematic knowledge with TV viewers as host of Here’s Hollywood.
In the program — an original production of Here TV, owned by Here Media, also the parent company of The Advocate — Maietta views vintage movies through an LGBT lens.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! 42 min 2 sec ago
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias 55 min 17 sec ago
- Sports South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén 1 hour 7 min ago
- Uganda WATCH: Meet the American Evangelical Behind Uganda's Antigay Law 1 hour 10 min ago
- Women WATCH: 7 New Orphan Black Season 2 Teasers to Hold You Over! 1 hour 13 min ago
- Television Looking GIF-cap: Season 1 Finale 2 hours 44 min ago
- Books Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel 2 hours 47 min ago