No Guilt Over Built
BY Christopher Rudolph
January 28 2013 7:24 PM ET
Whether it's doing a double take at the delivery guy or cocking your head at the construction worker across the street, everyone’s been there. Dreams are made of the classic situation of the plumber stopping by to fix your pipes or the car mechanic who knows his way around a stick shift.
Lucky for you, Style Network is making your dream a reality with its newest show, Built. The reality show follows five New York male models who remodel homes as "Hott and Handy" when they’re not strutting their stuff on the runway.
Within the first few minutes, viewers see the men working out, jackhammering shirtless, and otherwise showing off their bodies in various states of undress. Built won’t give Mad Men or Homeland a run for its money come Emmy time, but it’s fun fluff that actually has more credibility than one would think. When presented with the task of remodeling a closet for a rich client, the models do more than just move furniture and stand around and look pretty; they’re fun and seem knowledgable — which is more than can be said for a lot of reality stars these days. Of course, it’s a nice bonus when the construction crew takes a break during the workday to exercise or go on Calvin Klein underwear shoots.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: Teen Uses Bar Mitzvah Speech to Call for Marriage Equality
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 2 hours 21 min ago
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 6:00 AM
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 6:00 AM
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM