WATCH: Cher and Her Mother Sing on Ellen
BY Jase Peeples
May 01 2013 2:44 PM ET
Cher joined her mother, country singer Georgia Holt, for an appearance on Ellen today to promote the release of Holt’s new album, Honky Tonk Woman.
Though it was recorded in the early 1980s, the album was never previously released. Instead, the master tapes were lost in Holt’s garage for more than 30 years until they were recently rediscovered and remastered.
The album is a first for the 86-year-old singer and includes the song “I’m Just Your Yesterday,” a duet with Cher.
Watch the videos below to see the mother-daughter duo sing a piece of their long-lost duet as well as a bonus clip of Ellen talking to the two women about family, rumors, and Cher’s life before stardom.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The 'Ex-Gay' Candidate for Missouri Governor
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- Queer Women in Their 30s Give Advice to Their 20-Something Selves
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing