Dot-Marie Jones Is Engaged
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 04 2013 11:23 PM ET
Dot-Marie Jones got engaged at Gay Days Anaheim on Friday.
The Glee star, known for her portrayal as Coach Shannon Beiste on the popular Fox series, proposed to her longtime girlfriend Bridgett Casteen near Disneyland Resort’s Sleeping Beauty Castle in Anaheim, Calif.
Casteen, who will celebrate her three-year anniversary of meeting Jones in December, said yes.
“It’s the happiest day of my life. I never thought I’d find somebody that is so loving and kind,” the 49-year-old actress told The Advocate at Gay Days Anaheim, an annual weekend event that draws more than 30,000 LGBT visitors and allies to the family amusement park.
Jones revealed her engagement during a Q&A session with Eddie Shapiro, the co-founder of the Gay Days Anaheim. She had filled in at the last minute for Tabatha Coffey, the reality television star of Bravo’s Tabatha Takes Over. Coffey had canceled at the last minute due to an illness.
Casteen, 39, has two children from a previous marriage, reports SheWired.
Jones has been nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award three times for her Glee role. She has been featured on the series Nip/Tuck, which was also created by gay producer Ryan Murphy.
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All