Dot-Marie Jones Is Engaged
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 04 2013 11:23 PM ET
Dot-Marie Jones got engaged at Gay Days Anaheim on Friday.
The Glee star, known for her portrayal as Coach Shannon Beiste on the popular Fox series, proposed to her longtime girlfriend Bridgett Casteen near Disneyland Resort’s Sleeping Beauty Castle in Anaheim, Calif.
Casteen, who will celebrate her three-year anniversary of meeting Jones in December, said yes.
“It’s the happiest day of my life. I never thought I’d find somebody that is so loving and kind,” the 49-year-old actress told The Advocate at Gay Days Anaheim, an annual weekend event that draws more than 30,000 LGBT visitors and allies to the family amusement park.
Jones revealed her engagement during a Q&A session with Eddie Shapiro, the co-founder of the Gay Days Anaheim. She had filled in at the last minute for Tabatha Coffey, the reality television star of Bravo’s Tabatha Takes Over. Coffey had canceled at the last minute due to an illness.
Casteen, 39, has two children from a previous marriage, reports SheWired.
Jones has been nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award three times for her Glee role. She has been featured on the series Nip/Tuck, which was also created by gay producer Ryan Murphy.
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Minister From Viral Video Is Not a Gay Rights Champion After All