WATCH: Oprah's Next Chapter: Gay Hollywood
BY Jase Peeples
October 24 2013 3:19 PM ET
Oprah Winfrey will host an in-depth conversation about the being gay in America with three out Hollywood heavy hitters on Oprah’s Next Chapter: Gay Hollywood.
Airing Sunday at 9 p.m. Eastern/Pacific on OWN the program will feature actress-comic Wanda Sykes, Modern Family star Jesse Tyler Ferguson, and Scandal Emmy award-winner Dan Bucatinsky as they open up about the moment they realized they were gay, their coming-out process, and the reactions of their family members when they learned of their sexuality.
The actors also discuss the current state of LGBT visibility on television, the importance of role models, and how being gay has affected their careers in Hollywood.
Take a look at several clips from the upcoming show below.
First Look: Dan Bucatinsky and Wanda Sykes Discuss Same-Sex Marriage
While there are some who still believe that same-sex marriage will damage the country, comedian Wanda Sykes says she never understood why people get upset about something that doesn't affect them. Watch as actor Dan Bucatinsky, a gay man who's raising two children with his husband of 21 years, argues that if getting married on reality TV doesn't threaten the sanctity of marriage, neither should his relationship.
First Look: Wanda Sykes' "Trifecta of Discrimination"
When she was 44 years old, Emmy-nominated comedian Wanda Sykes came out during a gay rights rally. Since then, she says, Wanda's faced a "trifecta of discrimination" because she's black, gay and a woman. Watch as she shares how her family struggled with what the black community would say about her sexuality.
First Look: Why Jesse Tyler Ferguson Had to Come Out to His Dad 3 Times
Onscreen, actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson's character Mitchell, one half of Modern Family's favorite same-sex couple, recently got engaged to his longtime partner, Cam. In real life, Jesse married his husband, Justin Mikita, in July 2013. Watch as Jesse talks to Oprah about coming out to his parents and why it was a process for him and his father.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Commentary Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black 38 min 36 sec ago
- Bisexual Op-ed: Don't Worry, Tom Daley's Getting Biphobic Tweets, Too 1 hour 38 min ago
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM