Which Grimm Character Is About to Come Out of the Closet?
BY Jase Peeples
January 10 2014 3:06 PM ET
NBC’s Grimm has become known as one of the most inclusive supernatural series currently airing on network television, thanks to the show’s use of fairy tales and folklore from a variety of cultures and diverse casting choices that range from Haitian characters to disabled guest stars.
However, tonight’s episode, “Eyes of the Beholder,” will resonate with LGBT viewers in a fun and personal way when a new story arc kicks off wherein two of the show’s main characters, Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli) and Juliette Silverton (Bitsie Tulloch), help a friend come out of the closet — as a mythological being known as a wesen.
The allegory will mirror the coming-out stories of many LGBT people in an entertaining fashion as the two characters confront their friend about hiding her true nature and the need to embrace herself for who she really is.
The story arc is a fun twist on a shared experience within the queer community and will endear Grimm to many of the show’s LGBT fans.
Take a look at a preview of tonight’s episode in the video below.
Grimm airs Fridays on NBC at 9 Eastern/8 Central.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model