Gay Patti Issues Star Is Bad With Money
BY Brandon Voss
July 24 2014 7:01 PM ET
Rimalower's "addiction to spending beyond his means has driven him to extreme lengths all his life," read press notes about the production. "In Bad With Money, he charts his sometimes hilarious, sometimes harrowing struggle to overcome his problem — or get rich trying."
"People tend to be familiar now with alcohol and drug abuse — and I've got those too," says Rimalower. "But spending money I don't have is really my drug of choice. And considering how many people suffer from the same problem, it's staggering how seldom that is discussed."
A celebrated director, Rimalower made his debut as playwright and performer in 2012 with Patti Issues, which drew parallels between his connection to diva Patti LuPone and his strained relationship with his gay father. The Advocate named the solo piece among the best LGBT-inclusive New York theater of 2012, calling it "smart, poignant, and dishy as hell."
Bad With Money premieres September 4 and runs through November 6 at the historic Duplex Cabaret Theatre.
For tickets and more information visit PurplePass.com.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View