Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke Stars in Breakfast at Tiffany's
BY Daniel Villarreal
April 04 2013 11:57 AM ET
Meet Emilia Clarke — or as you might know her Game of Thrones' "Mother of Dragons" Daenerys Targaryen.
The 26-year-old actress has taken a break from raising an army on HBO's hit medieval-fantasy series to play Holly Golightly in the Broadway production of Truman Capote's Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Here TV host Josh Rosenzweig sat down with Ms. Clarke to discuss what her small screen and stage roles have in common — turns out that Daenerys and Holly aren't so different: they're both callow young women who dream of being much greater than they are amid a world that preys on innocence.
But Clarke also dishes on how stage differs from her screen work and what it's like playing a role famously brought to life by iconic actress Audrey Hepburn.
Watch Rosenzweig's interview with Clarke below:
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM