Apple Joins Microsoft, Leaves Christian Values Network
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
July 27 2011 4:24 PM ET
In response to a petition on Change.org, Apple has removed its store from the Christian Values Network, an online shopping service that supports nonprofit groups, including anti-LGBT ones, according to a Change.org press release.
The online petition comes after a similar one was created to urge Microsoft to leave the service in early July. Microsoft did so within hours of the petition's launch.
The Southern Poverty Law Center has listed several of the associated organizations, such as the Family Research Council and Focus on the Family, as hate groups due to their “blatant and repeated homophobic lies about lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people.”
Other companies that have left the Christian Values Network include Wells Fargo, Macy’s, and Delta Airlines.
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM
- No More Bullying WATCH: It Gets Better Speaks to Russian LGBT Youth December 05 2013 6:33 PM
- World News LGBT Rights Are 'Essential Part' of U.S. Foreign Policy, Says Susan Rice December 05 2013 6:15 PM
- Marriage Equality Judge Expected to Rule on Utah Marriage Ban Early Next Year December 05 2013 6:00 PM