Chick-fil-A President Meets With College Leaders on LGBT Issues
BY Neal Broverman
August 31 2012 2:30 PM ET
Following the PR nightmare of this summer, Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy met with leaders of universities and college organizations to discuss the company's future involvement with LGBT issues.
Cathy incited the ire of millions when he blasted same-sex marriage and gay families in interviews; his company was already in LGBT crosshairs for giving millions of dollars to antigay causes. The president and chief operating officer is now trying to repair his image with college leaders, who he met with on Thursday in Atlanta, according to a source who couldn't reveal his name because he wasn't authorized to speak about the meeting. The discussion involved "diversity, hospitality, and the opportunity to find common ground," according to the source.
While it's unclear who Cathy met with, Shane Windmeyer of the LGBT organization Campus Pride has been vocal about calling out the company's policies, which include no protections for LGBT workers.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe
- WATCH: Donald Trump Still Can't Explain His Marriage Equality Opposition
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats