Chick-fil-A President Meets With College Leaders on LGBT Issues
BY Neal Broverman
August 31 2012 1:30 PM ET
Following the PR nightmare of this summer, Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy met with leaders of universities and college organizations to discuss the company's future involvement with LGBT issues.
Cathy incited the ire of millions when he blasted same-sex marriage and gay families in interviews; his company was already in LGBT crosshairs for giving millions of dollars to antigay causes. The president and chief operating officer is now trying to repair his image with college leaders, who he met with on Thursday in Atlanta, according to a source who couldn't reveal his name because he wasn't authorized to speak about the meeting. The discussion involved "diversity, hospitality, and the opportunity to find common ground," according to the source.
While it's unclear who Cathy met with, Shane Windmeyer of the LGBT organization Campus Pride has been vocal about calling out the company's policies, which include no protections for LGBT workers.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Separate or Together?
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 15 min 49 sec ago
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 16 min 13 sec ago
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM