WATCH: The Expedia Commercial That Will Explain Fatherhood, Make You Sob
BY Lucas Grindley
October 03 2012 11:58 AM ET
The tough moment when a father must decide, does he embrace a new relationship with his daughter who wants to marry another woman, is portrayed beautifully in a new Web advertisement from Expedia.
At first, Artie Goldstein says, "This is not the dream I had for my daughter." But he explains a logic that will sound familiar to many parents faced with a new vision for their children after they learn that they are gay. The Expedia commercial's slogan is "Find Your Understanding."
"What's this going to look like, two girls getting married?" he wonders while traveling to their wedding. The women, Jill Goldstein and Nikki Weiss, were featured on The Real L Word.
"You have to make a decision," Goldstein explains, "are you going to have a daughter that you are going to maintain a very wonderful relationship for the rest of your life or are you going to lose that child."
Watch the video below.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 30 min 49 sec ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 1 hour 5 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 1 hour 5 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 1 hour 5 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM