WATCH: The Expedia Commercial That Will Explain Fatherhood, Make You Sob
BY Lucas Grindley
October 03 2012 10:58 AM ET
The tough moment when a father must decide, does he embrace a new relationship with his daughter who wants to marry another woman, is portrayed beautifully in a new Web advertisement from Expedia.
At first, Artie Goldstein says, "This is not the dream I had for my daughter." But he explains a logic that will sound familiar to many parents faced with a new vision for their children after they learn that they are gay. The Expedia commercial's slogan is "Find Your Understanding."
"What's this going to look like, two girls getting married?" he wonders while traveling to their wedding. The women, Jill Goldstein and Nikki Weiss, were featured on The Real L Word.
"You have to make a decision," Goldstein explains, "are you going to have a daughter that you are going to maintain a very wonderful relationship for the rest of your life or are you going to lose that child."
Watch the video below.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Religion Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks 21 min 6 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Happy Gay People on Beaches 57 min 21 sec ago
- Media Michelle Malkin Sells Twitter Aggregator to Christian Media Company 1 hour 52 sec ago
- Parenting Northern Ireland Lifts Ban on Same-Sex Couples Adopting 1 hour 26 min ago
- Women WATCH: Behold! Tina Fey & Amy Poehler Are Back in First Golden Globes Promo 1 hour 37 min ago
- Entertainment News Carmen Carrera & Her Victoria's Secret Dream 2 hours 35 min ago
- Politics India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban 11:55 AM