WATCH: The Expedia Commercial That Will Explain Fatherhood, Make You Sob
BY Lucas Grindley
October 03 2012 11:58 AM ET
The tough moment when a father must decide, does he embrace a new relationship with his daughter who wants to marry another woman, is portrayed beautifully in a new Web advertisement from Expedia.
At first, Artie Goldstein says, "This is not the dream I had for my daughter." But he explains a logic that will sound familiar to many parents faced with a new vision for their children after they learn that they are gay. The Expedia commercial's slogan is "Find Your Understanding."
"What's this going to look like, two girls getting married?" he wonders while traveling to their wedding. The women, Jill Goldstein and Nikki Weiss, were featured on The Real L Word.
"You have to make a decision," Goldstein explains, "are you going to have a daughter that you are going to maintain a very wonderful relationship for the rest of your life or are you going to lose that child."
Watch the video below.
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre
- PHOTOS: What Pride Looks Like in a Still-Hesitant Serbia