BY Advocate Contributors
September 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Moving Forward. The vision it inspires is the engine that drives us. It’s why we make diversity and inclusion our priority — why we strive to stay ahead of the curve in workplace equality and LGBT inclusion.
Our commitment to progress and innovation has inspired best-in-class initiatives. We have policies in place to help protect against discrimination. Full benefits are offered to same gender domestic partners. And, since 2007, Toyota has had a transgender policy and transition plan in place.
Our Spectrum Business Partnership Group promotes customer understanding, community support, and professional development for LGBTs and Allies at Toyota. We proudly support the Human Rights Campaign, GLAAD, The Point Foundation, AIDS Walk Los Angeles, as well as LA-based LifeWorks which provides mentoring for LGBT youth.
Accolades from leading LGBT organizations recognize Toyota’s efforts. Our perfect 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index serves as but one example. We accept these honors with pride and appreciation. They serve to acknowledge that we are indeed making a difference and that our words are supported by our deeds.
At Toyota, moving forward is an ongoing journey. Each time we reach a new benchmark of achievement, there is a higher goal beyond. So while we celebrate each accomplishment made in our path toward progress, we remain constant in our commitment to opening new doors and opportunities.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Texas Pastor Now Says He Didn't Mean He'd Really Set Himself Aflame
- WATCH: 7-Year-Old Waves Pride Flag in Face of Homophobic Rant, Wins Internet