'The Fiscal Cliff' as Explained By Mr. Burns
BY Lucas Grindley
December 07 2012 3:45 PM ET
Even in the world of The Simpsons, the fiscal cliff is looking ominous.
A video message from Mr. Montogmery Burns opens on the depressed and defeated looking tycoon slumped in a wingback chair, with a copy of a book titled "Nate Silver Can't Add" cast onto the floor.
"Any word from Karl Rove?" Burns asks his gay assistant.
"Sir, despite what he's been telling you, it's over. Romney lost."
And so Burns explains to us the consequences Americans now face if we cross over the "fiscal cliff." In a more serious take, a group of gay and lesbian millionaires including financial adviser Suze Orman warned in a letter to congressional leaders this week that the effects would specifically hurt the LGBT community.
Watch Burns' take below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels 40 min 10 sec ago
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' 1 hour 9 min ago
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student 1 hour 36 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 1 hour 46 min ago
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 2 hours 2 min ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 2 hours 35 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 6:27 PM