WATCH: SNL Skewers Fox Coverage of Jason Collins
BY Trudy Ring
May 05 2013 12:35 PM ET
Saturday Night Live opened last night’s episode with a hilarious parody of the Fox & Friends coverage of NBA player Jason Collins’s coming-out.
Taran Killam, playing Steve Doocy, wonders, “Why does telling your embarrassing personal secrets make you a hero?” and then he and Bobby Moynihan, playing Brian Kilmeade, and Vanessa Bayer as Gretchen Carlson go on to reveal some things about themselves. They also express surprise that some other area of sports didn’t produce the first out male team-sports athlete, such as hockey, “because it’s so close to figure skating,” says Killam as Doocy, or the WNBA, “because a lot of those guys look like women already,” says Moynihan as Kilmeade.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship