WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
BY Sunnivie Brydum
May 20 2013 3:31 PM ET
Saturday's season finale of Saturday Night Live was chock-full of gay-adjacent sketches, but none was quite as biting as a skit featuring host Ben Affleck as the leader of a camp to turn gay kids straight.
Blatantly riffing on the absurdity of the scientifically discredited "ex-gay" movement, Affleck's camp counselor fondly recalled how much he "loved" being gay, saying, "It just felt natural and right."
Until the Holy Spirit intervened, of course, and the counselor found himself in a "happy" straight marriage.
"Hetero is better, yo!" quips Affleck, before reciting the day's activities, including musical performances, a discussion about Ralph Macchio's lips in The Outsiders and a hot dog eating contest.
Watch Affleck, a longtime LGBT ally and supporter of marriage equality, lambaste the absurdity of "ex-gay" concept in the video below, via Mediaite.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Governors of Connecticut, New York, and Washington Ban Travel to Indiana