WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
BY Sunnivie Brydum
May 20 2013 2:31 PM ET
Saturday's season finale of Saturday Night Live was chock-full of gay-adjacent sketches, but none was quite as biting as a skit featuring host Ben Affleck as the leader of a camp to turn gay kids straight.
Blatantly riffing on the absurdity of the scientifically discredited "ex-gay" movement, Affleck's camp counselor fondly recalled how much he "loved" being gay, saying, "It just felt natural and right."
Until the Holy Spirit intervened, of course, and the counselor found himself in a "happy" straight marriage.
"Hetero is better, yo!" quips Affleck, before reciting the day's activities, including musical performances, a discussion about Ralph Macchio's lips in The Outsiders and a hot dog eating contest.
Watch Affleck, a longtime LGBT ally and supporter of marriage equality, lambaste the absurdity of "ex-gay" concept in the video below, via Mediaite.
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 2 hours 44 min ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 2 hours 49 min ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 2 hours 58 min ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 2:49 PM
- Film Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film 2:49 PM
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 2:40 PM
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 2:35 PM