Jon Stewart Mocks Antigay Countries In 'The 2014 Homophobic Olympics'
BY Jase Peeples
January 22 2014 12:22 PM ET
With the opening ceremonies of the Sochi Winter Olympics less than two weeks away, there’s no denying Russia is the current darling of legalized homophobia. However, Jon Stewart took a moment in last night’s episode of The Daily Show to break down the list of countries who are strong contenders for the gold in “The 2014 Homophobic Olympics.”
From countries such as India — which recently recriminalized homosexuality, jailing offenders for up to 10 years — to Nigeria, where antigay legislation states LGBT people can be jailed simply for gathering with each other, Stewart pointed out the long list homophobic hopefuls who are clearly driven to become the world’s most antigay nation.
Watch the segment below:
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum