WATCH: Kate McKinnon's Russian Villager Is Surprised Anyone Comes to Russia
BY Jami Smith
January 26 2014 2:18 PM ET
Don't listen to Vladimir Putin's glowing PR campaign about life in Russia.
Russian villager Olya Povlatsky doesn't understand why anyone would want to visit her country, let alone host the Olympics there. "How could the Olympics pick Russia? What was the other option - Haiti or middle of ocean?"
She did admit that she was a little excited to see the games. "My sister and I were athletes as children. Our favorite sport was 'Running Away From Angry Wolf.' I won the gold. She won the silver, God rest her soul."
Watch Kate McKinnon on Saturday Night Live as the hilarious Olya Povlatsky below:
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- WATCH: Brothers Shows the Delight and Difficulty of Dating While Trans