WATCH: Kate McKinnon's Russian Villager Is Surprised Anyone Comes to Russia
BY Jami Smith
January 26 2014 1:18 PM ET
Don't listen to Vladimir Putin's glowing PR campaign about life in Russia.
Russian villager Olya Povlatsky doesn't understand why anyone would want to visit her country, let alone host the Olympics there. "How could the Olympics pick Russia? What was the other option - Haiti or middle of ocean?"
She did admit that she was a little excited to see the games. "My sister and I were athletes as children. Our favorite sport was 'Running Away From Angry Wolf.' I won the gold. She won the silver, God rest her soul."
Watch Kate McKinnon on Saturday Night Live as the hilarious Olya Povlatsky below:
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 2 hours 13 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM