WATCH: Kate McKinnon's Russian Villager Is Surprised Anyone Comes to Russia
BY Jami Smith
January 26 2014 2:18 PM ET
Don't listen to Vladimir Putin's glowing PR campaign about life in Russia.
Russian villager Olya Povlatsky doesn't understand why anyone would want to visit her country, let alone host the Olympics there. "How could the Olympics pick Russia? What was the other option - Haiti or middle of ocean?"
She did admit that she was a little excited to see the games. "My sister and I were athletes as children. Our favorite sport was 'Running Away From Angry Wolf.' I won the gold. She won the silver, God rest her soul."
Watch Kate McKinnon on Saturday Night Live as the hilarious Olya Povlatsky below:
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples