L.A. Clippers Star Drops F Bomb on Arresting Officer
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 02 2012 7:30 PM ET
When Matt Barnes, a forward for the Los Angeles Clippers, was arrested on an outstanding warrant in Manhattan Beach, Calif., July 30, he used an antigay slur to refer to the arresting officer, who had encountered Barnes previously. TMZ has released video of the incident, in which Barnes tells arresting officer David Gibbons, "You're the fucking faggot who followed me."
Barnes also called the officer a "bitch" and made an effort to resist arrest as the officer tried to handcuff him, reports TMZ. Prosecutors elected not to charge Barnes with resisting arrest, a felony, and Barnes pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of interference with an officer and driving without a license.
According to TMZ, Barnes and Gibbons have a history, since Gibbons impounded Barnes's car May 19 because Barnes was driving with a suspended license. The outstanding warrant was for Barnes's previous charge of driving without a license.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown