L.A. Clippers Star Drops F Bomb on Arresting Officer
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 02 2012 7:30 PM ET
When Matt Barnes, a forward for the Los Angeles Clippers, was arrested on an outstanding warrant in Manhattan Beach, Calif., July 30, he used an antigay slur to refer to the arresting officer, who had encountered Barnes previously. TMZ has released video of the incident, in which Barnes tells arresting officer David Gibbons, "You're the fucking faggot who followed me."
Barnes also called the officer a "bitch" and made an effort to resist arrest as the officer tried to handcuff him, reports TMZ. Prosecutors elected not to charge Barnes with resisting arrest, a felony, and Barnes pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of interference with an officer and driving without a license.
According to TMZ, Barnes and Gibbons have a history, since Gibbons impounded Barnes's car May 19 because Barnes was driving with a suspended license. The outstanding warrant was for Barnes's previous charge of driving without a license.
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Bruce Jenner Tells All Tonight
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party