L.A. Clippers Star Drops F Bomb on Arresting Officer
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 02 2012 6:30 PM ET
When Matt Barnes, a forward for the Los Angeles Clippers, was arrested on an outstanding warrant in Manhattan Beach, Calif., July 30, he used an antigay slur to refer to the arresting officer, who had encountered Barnes previously. TMZ has released video of the incident, in which Barnes tells arresting officer David Gibbons, "You're the fucking faggot who followed me."
Barnes also called the officer a "bitch" and made an effort to resist arrest as the officer tried to handcuff him, reports TMZ. Prosecutors elected not to charge Barnes with resisting arrest, a felony, and Barnes pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of interference with an officer and driving without a license.
According to TMZ, Barnes and Gibbons have a history, since Gibbons impounded Barnes's car May 19 because Barnes was driving with a suspended license. The outstanding warrant was for Barnes's previous charge of driving without a license.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM