L.A. Clippers Star Drops F Bomb on Arresting Officer
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 02 2012 7:30 PM ET
When Matt Barnes, a forward for the Los Angeles Clippers, was arrested on an outstanding warrant in Manhattan Beach, Calif., July 30, he used an antigay slur to refer to the arresting officer, who had encountered Barnes previously. TMZ has released video of the incident, in which Barnes tells arresting officer David Gibbons, "You're the fucking faggot who followed me."
Barnes also called the officer a "bitch" and made an effort to resist arrest as the officer tried to handcuff him, reports TMZ. Prosecutors elected not to charge Barnes with resisting arrest, a felony, and Barnes pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of interference with an officer and driving without a license.
According to TMZ, Barnes and Gibbons have a history, since Gibbons impounded Barnes's car May 19 because Barnes was driving with a suspended license. The outstanding warrant was for Barnes's previous charge of driving without a license.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 30 min 57 sec ago
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM