Chris Brown Arrested for Alleged Antigay Assault
BY Daniel Reynolds
October 28 2013 12:28 PM ET
Chris Brown will be arraigned today for a charge of felony assault after using the word "gay" in a derogatory sense and punching a man in the face.
The Grammy Award-winning singer allegedly punched the man in the face early Sunday morning outside of the W Hotel in Washington, D.C., after the victim, Issac Adams Parker, tried to jump into a photograph being taken of Brown and a witness, reports to the Associated Press.
The report notes that Brown, who was in D.C. to perform at a club, said, "I'm not into that gay shit,” and "I feel like boxing," before punching the 20-year-old man in the face. Brown’s companion and supposed bodyguard, Christopher Hollosy, 35, also stepped into the fray and punched Parker in the face. Officials say the incident occurred at around 4:30 a.m.
Parker was treated for his injuries, including a broken nose, at a local hospital and released Sunday. Police say the felony charge is related to the extent of the damage Parker sustained.
The R&B singer is currently on probation, which he initially received for assaulting Rihanna, his girlfriend at the time, in 2009. The probation was reinstated in August, after his involvement with an alleged hit-and-run occurrence.
He also made headlines in January for an altercation with gay singer Frank Ocean, who claims he suffered an injury to his hand during the incident, which occurred January 2013 in the parking lot of a Hollywood recording studio. No formal charges were filed by Ocean.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag 31 min 32 sec ago
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem 38 min 21 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist 41 min 22 sec ago
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! 2 hours 3 min ago
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias 2 hours 16 min ago
- Sports South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén 2 hours 29 min ago
- Uganda WATCH: Meet the American Evangelical Behind Uganda's Antigay Law 2 hours 32 min ago