Honey Maid Continues LGBT Support With New Ad
BY Jase Peeples
June 10 2014 3:32 PM ET
The marketing minds behind Nabisco’s graham cracker snacks brand, Honey Maid, tweeted a show of support for LGBT Pride month last week with an animated GIF of two graham crackers forming the equality symbol along with the tagline “This Is Wholesome.”
The GIF was the latest entry in the company’s LGBT-inclusive “This is Wholesome” ad campaign, which grabbed headlines in March when the campaign’s initial commercials featured a variety of families, including those with interracial, single, and gay parents. “We recognize change is happening every day, from the way in which a family looks today to how a family interacts to the way it is portrayed in media,” Honey Maid marketing director Gary Osifchin said in a statement when the campaign originally launched.
Though the campaign has received some backlash from a handful of homophobes, the company has continued to press forward with its LGBT-inclusive marketing, responding to naysayers with a brilliant video in April depicting two artists who create a heartwarming message from paper printouts of the hateful messages the brand received since the inclusive ad aired.
— Honey Maid (@HoneyMaidSnacks) June 5, 2014
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role