WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
BY Jase Peeples
March 11 2014 6:45 PM ET
The nearly-century old brand Honey Maid has given its latest marketing push a healthy dose of diversity, reports USA Today.
The maker of graham cracker snacks Monday released a new ad campaign, “This Is Wholesome,” which features a variety of families, including those with interracial, single, and gay parents.
“We recognize change is happening every day, from the way in which a family looks today to how a family interacts to the way it is portrayed in media,” Honey Maid marketing director Gary Osifchin said in a statement.
Honey Maid’s efforts to reinvent itself as a brand for a new generation is underscored by the company’s choice to use real families rather than actors in the campaign. The company has released short documentaries on each family along with the new ads.
Watch the TV commercial and the heartwarming documentary “Dad & Papa” below.
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Kentucky County Clerk Sued Over Denial of Marriage Licenses
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members