WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
BY Jase Peeples
March 11 2014 6:45 PM ET
The nearly-century old brand Honey Maid has given its latest marketing push a healthy dose of diversity, reports USA Today.
The maker of graham cracker snacks Monday released a new ad campaign, “This Is Wholesome,” which features a variety of families, including those with interracial, single, and gay parents.
“We recognize change is happening every day, from the way in which a family looks today to how a family interacts to the way it is portrayed in media,” Honey Maid marketing director Gary Osifchin said in a statement.
Honey Maid’s efforts to reinvent itself as a brand for a new generation is underscored by the company’s choice to use real families rather than actors in the campaign. The company has released short documentaries on each family along with the new ads.
Watch the TV commercial and the heartwarming documentary “Dad & Papa” below.
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Murder Mastermind Charles Manson is Bi, Raped a Man
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding