WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
BY Jase Peeples
March 11 2014 6:45 PM ET
The nearly-century old brand Honey Maid has given its latest marketing push a healthy dose of diversity, reports USA Today.
The maker of graham cracker snacks Monday released a new ad campaign, “This Is Wholesome,” which features a variety of families, including those with interracial, single, and gay parents.
“We recognize change is happening every day, from the way in which a family looks today to how a family interacts to the way it is portrayed in media,” Honey Maid marketing director Gary Osifchin said in a statement.
Honey Maid’s efforts to reinvent itself as a brand for a new generation is underscored by the company’s choice to use real families rather than actors in the campaign. The company has released short documentaries on each family along with the new ads.
Watch the TV commercial and the heartwarming documentary “Dad & Papa” below.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'