A Pool Party With a Purpose
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 18 2012 5:56 PM ET
In this pool party with a purpose held in Los Angeles last weekend, with its "power up" tagline, the Impulse Group raised money and awareness to promote safe sex.
The event was sponsored by Gay.com and HIV Plus magazine — our sister publications. It included DJ DrewG for music, the amazing guacamole from Rosa Mexicana, a snow cone cart manned by Andrew Christian underwear models, and a dunk tank filled with even more models. Drinks were courtesy of Stoli. But all the proceeds from the event went to the AIDS Healthcare Foundation.
Check out the advertising campaign and photos from the event on the following pages.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 30 min 33 sec ago
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM