BY Advocate.com Editors
September 30 2009 9:00 AM ET
Dr. Frank Spinelli is the former clinical director of HIV services at New York City's Cabrini Medical Center. Today he serves the community in a more comprehensive capacity as a board certified internist with a large private practice in Manhattan focusing on HIV-positive individuals and gay men. Dr. Spinelli is also an associate clinical professor at New York Medical College.
Dr. Spinelli is the monthly health care columnist for The Advocate, and is now the host of Advocate.com’s “Ask the Doctor,” a segment that focuses on health issues relevant to gay men today. He also appears regularly on Sirius satellite radio’s top-rated OutQ channel with host Larry Flick. Dr. Spinelli maintains a full lecture schedule during which he addresses gay men’s health and lifestyle issues.
Dr. Spinelli is the author of The Advocate Guide to Gay Men's Health and Wellness, published in 2008. He lives in Manhattan and is currently at work on his next book.
In addition to primary medical care, Dr. Spinelli offers a variety of procedures, particularly for gay men living with HIV. “Lipodystrophy syndrome is a condition I feel very strongly about. Facial wasting secondary to antiretroviral medication and HIV is not exclusively about one’s appearance. It can also greatly affect self-esteem and how someone sees himself within the community.”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 4:00 AM
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM