BY Advocate.com Editors
October 08 2009 10:00 AM ET
Good nutritional status is very important from the time a person is infected with HIV to help maintain the health and quality of life of the person. HIV infection damages the immune system, which leads to other more serious infections. When nutritional needs are not met, recovery from an illness will take longer. No matter what, watch your nutrition intake and be diligent about your body. Do not go on any unnecessary diets or change a routine that has kept you in your normal body weight in the past. Any drastic changes can have a serious impact on your system.
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'